What happens when a crazy busy schedule meets “The Blizzard of 2015”? I feel it’s nature’s way of saying “time-out”! (Sadly, I need a blizzard to make me stop and just be.)
So, if we’re in the same boat and need to “just be”, don’t you think it’s a matter of style? Here’s my checklist:
- First of all, let’s not forget our feathered friends outside. It’s time to host a birdseed smorgasbord! Check.
- Extra armloads of seasoned firewood need to go into the old wood basket by the fireplace. Check. (http://www.connecticutcountryhouse.com/2013/02/making-a-fire-101/)
- Wooly socks (or slippers) and throws are at the ready! Check and check!
- A big stack of gardening books is waiting to be read. Check (can’t wait!)
- Boxes of candles waiting for the inevitable (ugh). Check.
- Soup simmering on the stove. (Mulling over which one to make: French Onion or Butternut squash…hmmm.) Check on mulling over part. (http://www.connecticutcountryhouse.com/2014/12/foodie-friday-soupe-a-loignon-francaise/ or http://www.connecticutcountryhouse.com/2013/01/first-soup/)
- The game of Scrabble is all set up and patiently waiting for my competitors (Murph and Conor, can’t wait for our re-match so I can claim the title again!) Check.
- Homemade popcorn for later tonight when the winds are howling. Yum. Check. (http://www.connecticutcountryhouse.com/2012/12/comfort-and-joy/)
I’m ready to re-boot my reserves for Wednesday, when I’ll need all my strength and endurance to help dig us out of Connecticut Country House!
Be safe and stay warm!